Home and Community Care Nursing
If you are an elder
We support your dignity in the health care you receive.
We support you to be cared for, valued, relaxed, comfortable free from fear and anxiety.
We support family care and involvement to help maintain independence, good nutrition and strength.
We respectfully inquire about what is most important to you as you live your elder life and possibly experience pain, anxiety, discomfort and/or mobility issues.
We know that at one time Nuu-chah-nulth-aht were healthy, long living, strong and independent. We support each and every person, family and community to get back to that healthy, strong place.
NTC Home Care Nurses can support you and your family with managing mobility impairments, chronic illnesses and acute health care needs in your home. Nursing support may include the following services:
- Providing confidential care
- Promoting strengths-based wellness
- Supporting chronic disease self-management
- Assessing for Personal Care Services - bathing, toileting, dressing, medication reminders, respite, meal preparation
- Assessing for Homemaking Services - general cleaning, laundry
- Providing Health assessments
- Providing falls risk assessments and falls prevention
- Providing medication management support
- Communicating with your health care team, such as your doctor
- Providing referrals to community services
- Providing foot care for people with diabetes or mobility and circulation impairments
Čačimḥap hupiimaḥsaniš siiw̓a – We want to help you to be comfortable, okay at home
For more information on the above Home Care Services, including assessments for home care services, chronic disease management support, falls prevention program, assistance with disability applications, contact the Nuu-chah-nulth Tribal Council Home Care department at (250) 724-3939.