Post-Secondary Funding and Counselling Services

The Nuu-chah-nulth Tribal Council (NTC) is committed to helping Nuu-chah-nulth students of all ages meet their educational goals.

Preparing for college, university, or trades training can start as early as high school and is never too late.

Whether you are a student just starting to look at career options or you have been out of school for a while and are thinking about a new start, we are here to help!

Counselling Services

Our Post-Secondary Team can help you:

  • Choose a career
  • Upgrade your education
  • Prepare for entry level assessments
  • Register in college, university, or other post-secondary studies
  • Get funding for tuition, books and living expenses
  • Overcome educational challenges
  • … and much more!

Have a question? Not sure what steps to take next?
Call us at (250)724-5757 to speak to the NTC Post-Secondary Counsellor or Student Success Specialist.

Funding for College or University

Funding is available for Nuu-chah-nulth students enrolled full time or part time in an accredited public college, university or other eligible post-secondary institution.

Full time students are eligible for a living allowance plus tuition, books and supplies.
Part time students are eligible for tuition, books and supplies only.

Not all programs qualify for funding through NTC. Programs must:

  • be at least one academic year long
  • be offered by an accredited, public, post-secondary institution
  • require high school graduation for admission to the program
  • lead to or be for credit for a certificate, diploma or degree

Note: Most Nuu-chah-nulth Nation members are eligible for post-secondary funding through NTC but not all. If you are a member of the Ucluelet, Ahousaht, Huu-ay-aht, Uchuklesaht, Toquaht or Kyuquot First Nations please contact your Band Office for funding information. Funding for Trades Training

Nuu-chah-nulth who wish to pursue a trade may be eligible to receive funding for Technical Vocational Training (TVT).

TVT funding provides students with a living allowance only and does not cover the cost of tuition, books, or supplies.

Note: TVT funding is available only to members of Nuu-chah-nulth Nations who are a part of the Aboriginal Recipient Funding Agreement (ARFA). If you are a member of Huu-ay-aht, Uchucklesaht, Toquaht, Ucluelet, Ahousaht or Kyuquot please contact your Nation for funding information.

Applying for Funding

To apply for funding for college, university or trades studies or to learn more visit our Post-Secondary Funding page.